The Teesside Technology Centre (TTC) in Grangetown, Cleveland operates as a satellite focusing on process and long product research. In addition, a small group of researchers is based in Port Talbot, Wales providing R&D support to Tata Steel operations in Wales.
- Normanton Pilot Plant - electric arc furnace, vertical caster with bending up to seven tonne casts
- Continuous casting and direct strip casting machines
- 350 kg fully instrumented coke oven and extensive coke testing facilities
- Roller straightening machine for sections
- Thermal technology
- Modelling and simulation including CFD, Matlab